Jay Z Buys Ace of Spades Champagne [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 6, 2014
Jay Z loves his liquor.
And to prove it he’s added a major investment to his business empire. Jigga man has bought Armand de Brignac Champagne. Jay and his business associates Jay acquired the luxury champagne brand, nicknamed Ace of Spades, from Sovereign Brands.
“We are proud to announce that Sovereign Brands, a New York-based wine and spirits company owned by the Berish family, has sold its interest in the Armand de Brignac (‘Ace of Spades’) Champagne brand to a new company led by the globally renowned Shawn ‘Jay Z’ Carter,” Sovereign Brands said in a statement.
Yvonne Lardner, global director of brand communications for Sovereign, told The New York Times, “We have had a wonderful relationship with Jay Z throughout the years since he first discovered Armand de Brignac. He became interested in owning the brand and made us an offer we simply couldn’t refuse.”
The gold bottle has appeared in Jay Z’s music videos including Show Me What You Got and Roc Boys (And The Winner Is)… He even hosted a fundraiser for President Barack Obama at his 40/40 Club in Manhattan that included a tower of 350 bottles of Ace of Spades in September 2012.
A bottle of Armand de Brignac Brut Gold sells for $300. A 30-liter bottle, which is equivalent to 40 regular bottles, retails for over $200,000.
Photo via Rolling Out and Inflexwetrust.com
More from my site
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Jay Z Defends Barneys New York Deal After Racial Profiling Allegations
- Jay Z To Move Forward With Barneys Collection Amid Racial Profiling Controversy
- Jay Z Pressured To End Barneys Partnership After Profiling Incident [Details]
- Say What: They Want How Much For An Autographed “Carter 4″ Jersey?