Jay Z Announces Independence Day Album ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ [Video]
Rucuss staffJune 17, 2013
Jay-Z surprised his fans during halftime of Game 5 of the NBA finals with a big announcement.
During a Samsung Galaxy commercial, Jiggy announced that he would be releasing a new album called, Magna Carta Holy Grail, on July 4. The video shows candid footage of Jay-Z in a partnership with Samsung.
Samsung has purchased one million copies of “Magna Carta Holy Grail” and will distribute them days before the album’s July 4 release to users of the Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy S 4, and Galaxy Note II.
Jay, 43, also explains his vision for the project, “This album is about….it’s this duality of how do you navigate your way through this whole thing… through success, through failures, through all of this, and remain yourself.”
Jay added,”We put the album out on July 4th. We don’t have any rules, everyone is tryna figure it out. That’s why the internet is like the wild west, the wild wild west. We need to write the new rules.”
Music producers Rick Rubin, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz are also featured in the commercial. Meanwhile, “Magna Carta Holy Grail” comes to Samsung Galaxy fans first, allowing music lovers to download the app on June 24th and get the album free July 4th, three days before the rest of the world.
Watch the commercial below.
More from Rucuss
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Jay-Z Receives Platinum Plaque For Magna Carta Holy Grail [Photo]
- Jay-Z Celebrates Magna Carta Holy Grail Release in NYC [Photos]
- Jay-Z Talks About Almost Signing Lil Wayne, Beyonce’s Fake Pregnancy Rumors & Dame Dash [Video]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Jay Z Splits with Longtime Business Partner John Meneilly [Details]