Janet Jackson Postpones Tour to Start Family [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 6, 2016
Janet Jackson is ready for a family.
After launching the first leg of her Unbreakable World Tour last year, Jackson has postponed the second leg of the run indefinitely. This time, she says, it’s to start a family.
“I thought it was important that you would be the first to know my husband and I are planning our family, so I’m going to have to delay the tour,” she said in a video to fans. “Please, if you can try to understand that it’s important that I do this now. I have to rest up, doctor’s orders. But I have not forgotten about you. I will continue to tour as soon as I possibly can.”
Jackson, 49, married 41-year-old entrepreneur Wissam Al Mana in 2012.
The tour has been plagued by several delays. In December, she said the second leg of the tour would be postponed until spring due to a surgery she had to undergo. The surgery wasn’t specified.
Then in January, Jackson denied rumors that the tour would be delayed again due to cancer. “Remember… believe it when you hear it from my lips,” Jackson said. “The rumors are untrue. I do not have cancer. I’m recovering.”
Watch Jackson make the announcement below.
More from Rucuss
- Janet Jackson Splits with Husband Wissam Al Mana [Details]
- Janet Jackson’s Billionaire Boyfriend Rips Up Prenup! [Details]
- Janet Jackson and Billionaire Wissam Al Mana Are Married! [Details]
- Janet Jackson Engaged to Billionaire Wissam Al Mana, Plan to Wed in Spring [Details]
- Miki Howard Responds to Rumors She Has Love Child With Michael Jackson
- Fight at Katherine Jackson’s Home, Tito Jackson’s Son Wants Temporary Custody [Details/Video]