Janay Rice Defends Ray Rice After Survelliance Video Leaks
Rucuss staffSeptember 10, 2014
Former Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice probably wishes he didn’t lay a hand on his wife Janay Rice earlier this year.
After surveillance footage of Rice beating his wife in an elevator went viral, Rice was cut from the Ravens and suspended from the NFL indefinitely on Monday. Rice was on a two-game suspension for the assault.
Now Rice’s wife Janay claims the new attention is making the couple relive one of the most painful moments of their lives. Janay believes the media has used the incident to boost ratings.
Janay vented her frustration about the incident on Instagram. Read her comments below.
Rice added to ESPN, “I have to be there for [Janay] and my family right now and work through this.”
Rice’s two-game suspension over the incident had been set to expire after the Ravens’ game Thursday night. But the video, which showed the running back hitting his wife in the face in an elevator twice, sparked outrage and led to new criticisms of a punishment that many said was too lenient.
If you missed the survelliance footage, watch it below.
More from Rucuss
- Video Shows Ray Rice Dragging Unconscious Fiancee Out Of Elevator!
- Ray Rice Gets Domestic Violence Charge Dismissed [Details]
- NFL Player Ray Rice Indicted For Assaulting Fiancee [Details]
- Ray Lewis Sprays On Hairline at Super Bowl [Photos]
- Wes Walkers’ Wife Roasts Ray Lewis on Facebook, Apologizes Afterwards [Details]
- NFL Player Jacoby Jones Gets Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Tattoo [Photos]