James Harden, Dwight Howard Tried To Get Each Other Traded
Rucuss staffFebruary 18, 2016
The Houston Rockets have not been living up to expectations.
It’s pretty much been a disaster this season. Now, there are reports that the Rockets are trying to get rid of Dwight Howard before Thursday’s trade deadline.
But its gets even juicier. According to NBA.com’s Fran Flinbury he wrote that James Harden tried to get Howard shipped out of town back in 2013. And vice versa.
Howard and Harden have never really jelled since they joined forces three season ago and they tried to work behind the scenes to make the other one go away.
Howard and Harden have been an oil-and-water mix since they came together for the 2012-13 season. It was only days after Damian Lillard’s 3-point dagger eliminated them in the first round of their first playoff series together when both were sending out messages and maneuvering to get the other one traded.
Howard claims he wants to stay in Houston, but he’s not the same player he used to be. He’s one of the biggest names allegedly on the trading block.
Harden, who is one of the league’s best scorers, is clearly the more valuable player with a much more attractive contract. He’s signed for the next two seasons at $16 and $17 million while Howard is due to make $23 million next season in his final year under contract.
More from Rucuss
- Fling Alert: Is James Harden Dating Urban Model Kyra Chaos? [Photos]
- Dwight Howard Responds To Girl Who Mistakenly Thinks She Took Picture With Him
- Dwight Howard Throws Ball At Heckling Fan, Fined $25,000 [Video]
- Slim Thug Tries to Lure Dwight Howard to Houston With Strippers, Cheaper Child Support & Women [Details]
- Foot Locker Releases James Harden’s R&B Single ‘Harden Soul!’ [Video]
- Royce Reed Says Dwight Howard is Putting Their Son’s Health in Danger! [Details]