Jaden Smith Wants to be Emancipated From Will and Jada Smith! [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 14, 2013
Will and Jada Smith has always proclaimed that they allow their children to make their own life choices.
Well, that may have backfired because their son Jaden now wants to be emancipated. Will explained during a interview with The Sun that Jaden, who will be celebrating his 15th birthday in July, asked for a very unique gift.
“[Jaden] says, ‘Dad, I want to be emancipated.’ I know if we do this, he can be an emancipated minor, because he really wants to have his own place, like ooh,” Will told The Sun. “That’s the backlash. On the other side, if kids just want to have command of their lives, I understand.”
Will didn’t reveal whether or not he and Jada would grant their 14-year old’s wish. If they do, Jaden would need to file a court petition, get married or join the military in order to be emancipated from his parents.
Photos via BET and Global Grind
More from Rucuss
- Couple Alert: Jaden Smith and Kylie Jenner Spotted on London Date [Photos]
- Will And Jada Smith Help Son Trey Celebrate 21st Birthday in Vegas [Photos]
- Jaden Smith Is The New Face Of Louis Vuitton’s SS16 Womenswear Campaign
- Beyonce Teases “Grown Woman” Single in New Pepsi Commercial [Video]
- Brad Pitt Says Marriage to Jennifer Aniston Was Dull
- Nicki Minaj And Willow Smith Shoot “Fireball” Video