It’s Official, Shaq Becomes Dr. O’Neal! [Photos]
Rucuss staffMay 5, 2012
Former NBA player Shaquille O’Neal received his doctorate degree from Miami’s Barry University in education on Saturday.
The TNT analyst received a Ed.D., in Leadership in Education with a specialization in Human Resource Development at the at the James L. Knight Center in downtown Miami. O’Neal, 40, accepted the degree wearing a custom-made, bright red XXXL-sized gown. He go on one knee so that the department chair could place a light blue hood around his big neck.
Shaq managed to find the time between his TNT gig, writing a book and his other engagements to study the effects of humor, and seriousness, in leadership styles. He finished with a 3.8 GPA.
You can now refer to Shaq as ‘Dr. O’Neal’ or ‘Dr. Shaq.’
(Photos via Twitter and Miami Herald)
More from Rucuss
- Say What! Shaquille O’Neal Set To Graduate With Doctorate Degree In Education
- Shaq Busts His Ass Trying to Run On TNT [Video]
- Shaq Tries to Clear Up “Respectful Cheater” Comment, Says He’s a Better Man Now
- Shaq Teams Up With AriZona Beverages For New Drink ‘Soda Shaq’ [Details]
- Will Ferrell Ejects Shaquille O’Neal From Staples Center [Video]
- Shaquille O’Neal Rips Dwight Howard For Signing With a ‘Little Town’ like Houston [Video]