Idol Judge Randy Jackson Expected to Become Mariah Carey’s New Manager
Rucuss staffNovember 16, 2011
Randy Jackson is ready to manage take on more projects.
The American Idol judge is negotiations to become Mariah Carey’s manager, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Jackson and Carey have been friends for years. He was the vice president of A&R at Columbia Records during the 1990s when Mariah was with the label. Jackson also did production work Mariah’s Glitter and Charmbracelet albums. He’s also played bass for the superstar both in the studio and on the road.
If Jackson gets the job this won’t be his first time as a manager. He’s guided careers of Nikka Costa, Van Hunt and Paper Tongues. Carey is managed by Chris Lighty’s Violator Entertainment, which represents such artists as 50 Cent, LL Cool J and Soulja Boy.
More from Rucuss
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Randy Jackson is Out as American Idol Judge
- Nicki Minaj Argues With Mariah Carey, Storms Off American Idol Set! [Video]
- Fantasia Returns to American Idol, Gives an Amazing Performance [Video]
- Nicki Minaj Blasts Access Hollywood Reporter For Calling Her ‘Ungracious & Unprofessional’ [Details]
- Nick Cannon Defends Mariah Carey & Nicki Minaj’s Hairstylist Defends Her After Fight on Set