Hoopz Confirms Break Up With Shaq, Allegedly Over Olympic Dreams [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 27, 2012
Former reality star Nicole ‘Hoopz’ Alexander and retired NBA player Shaquille O’Neal have called it quits after two years of dating.
Hoopz confirmed the break up to the Boston Globe last Friday. This is the first time that Hoopz has publicily talked about a split. The two allegedly broke up a few times in the past, but they always reconciled. Hoopz claims the break up was mutual and amicable.
But a source told Black Sports Online that a heated argument caused the split. The disagreement began after Hoopz watched Gabrielle Douglas win the gold medal in the all around gymnastic competition.
She allegedly wanted to take gymnastic lessons in an effort to train for the 2016 Olympics. But after visiting a gym in Florida she was told she was too old to train. She went off on the instructor and Shaq didn’t like her behavior.
The source told Black Sports Online:
“The gym doesn’t teach people over the age of 18 for insurance purposes and when Hoopz was told this she lost her mind. She started to curse out the staff and became belligerent. She got extremely loud, screaming at the top of her lungs how she needed to train for the 2016 Olympics.
Shaq was embarrassed, he dropped his head like he was ashamed of her. He didn’t say anything while they were in the gym, but once they got to their car a heated argument took place. ou could hear and see them screaming at each other. I felt bad for him.”
Last year, Shaq described Hoopz as his “first female best friend besides my mother”and when asked if they planned to marry he responded,“She’s not going anywhere, and I’m not going anywhere.”
My, how things change in a year. Who knows what the future holds for these two.
More from Rucuss
- 2012 Olympics: Gabby Douglas Says She’s Not Changing Her Hair, Focus on the Competition!
- 2012 Olympics: Gabby Douglas Wins Women’s All-Around Gymnastics Title!
- Shaquille O’Neal And Hoopz Break Up, Security Escorts Her Out Of His Home [Details]
- Alicia Keys Performs ‘Girl On Fire’ With Nicki Minaj & Gabby Douglas at VMAs [Video]
- Hoopz Carries Shaquille O’Neal on Her Back! [Video]
- Couple Alert: Is Shaq and Rocsi Diaz Dating? [Photo]
- 7 Routines Fitness Experts Wish You’d Stop Doing in the Gym
- 2012 Olympics: Greek Triple Jumper Removed From Olympics After Racist Twitter Comment
- 2012 London Olympics: Usain Bolt Gets Custom-Made Bed For Training
- Shaquille O’Neal and Hoopz Spotted in the Bahamas [Photos]