Hoodies Up! Miami Heat Players Wear Hoodies in Honor of Trayvon Martin [Photo]
Rucuss staffMarch 23, 2012
Trayvon Martin’s death has captured the attention of the nation.
Martin was a 17-year old black teenager gunned down while visiting his father in a gated community in Florida during NBA All-Star weekend. He was armed with only skittles and an iced tea. But his killer, George Zimmerman, followed Martin from his SUV with a loaded automatic weapon because he looked suspicious in a hoodie.
Although, the police chief has temporarily stepped down and the FBI & Department of Justice have agreed to look into Trayvon Martin’s death, Zimmerman has not been arrested.
Many around the country have worn a hoodie in honor of Martin. Now Miami Heat players have come together and put their hoodies up for Trayvon.
LeBron James tweeted and Facebooked a picture of the entire Heat squad in their hoodies.
Trayvon was a Miami native and according to his Facebook page, he listed LeBron and Dwyane Wade as his favorite athletes.
More from Rucuss
- WTF! First It Was Planking Then Tebowing Now Trayvoning [Photos]
- George Zimmerman Stopped By Texas Police For Speeding, Had Loaded Gun in Car! [Details]
- George Zimmerman, DMX Boxing Match Will More Than Likely Be Fixed
- Michael Vick’s Brother Marcus Goes Off Over George Zimmerman Verdict [Details]
- Singer Attacked and Injured Onstage After Dedicating Song To Travyon Martin [Photo]
- President Obama Addresses The George Zimmerman Verdict & Race In America [Video]