Honey Boo Boo’s ‘Uncle Poodle’ Reveals He’s HIV Positive [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 15, 2013
Honey Boo Boo’s uncle Lee Thompson has revealed that he’s HIV positive.
Thompson, who is called ‘Uncle Poodle’ to family members, was diagnosed with HIV in May 2012. Honey Boo Boo’s openly gay uncle revealed the news to Atlanta’s Fenuxe magazine with hopes to help promote safe sex in schools.
“I was adamant about getting my HIV status checked on a regular basis,” Thompson told Fenuxe. “I knew it had been my boyfriend who infected me. I later learned he had been HIV positive and was not taking medication and had not bothered to tell me about it. I was advised that I should press charges and, hesitantly, I did. It was the right thing to do.”
Thompson, who is Sugar Bear’s younger brother, has moved on with his life and reportedly tied the knot with his husband Joshua Yarbroughe last August. The 29-year old and Josh relocated to Birmingham, Alabama.
“They are playing Russian roulette; they are playing with their lives and that of their sexual partners, ” Thompson said about people who doesn’t practice safe sex. “I know what it is like to be bullied. I know what it is like to live with HIV. I can help and I want to.”
Read the full interview at Fenuxe.com.
Photos via HoneyBooBoo.net and Facebook
More from Rucuss
- Former Drummer Files Restraining Order Against Beyoncé [Details]
- HIV-Positive Man Secretly Films Himself Having Unprotected Sex With Multiple Men
- Nelly and Girlfriend Tae Hackerd Party at Atlanta Club [Photos]
- Former Disney Star Lee Thompson Young Dead at 29 [Details]
- Stevie J Upset About MiMi Faust’s Lesbian Storyline
- Real Housewives of Atlanta: Kenya Moore Takes Shots at Cynthia Bailey [Details]