High School Girl Stabbed to Death Over Prom Rejection [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 25, 2014
A Connecticut teenage girl was stabbed to death by a classmate after she rejected his request to go to prom with him.
Teachers and emergency responders at Jonathan Law High School in Milford, Conn., tried to save the life of 16-year-old Maren Sanchez, but she was pronounced dead after being transported to Bridgeport Hospital on Friday. No one else was injured in the attack.
The suspect, also a 16-year-old student, is in police custody after teachers subdued him. A witness told Fox News that the attacker asked Sanchez to prom inside a stairwell at the school. When she told the boy she had a boyfriend, the suspect started to strangle her, then pushed her down the stairs and stabbed her.
Students were sent home after the incident, and the prom has been postponed.
More from Rucuss
- Need A Prom Dress, Shop Cheap Dresses [Details]
- Hottest Trends: The Best Prom Dresses Of 2016
- Hi Five Singer Arrested For Killing His Wife [Details]
- Migos Reportedly Jump Sean Kingston, Gunfire Erupts
- Kris Kross’ Chris Kelly Death: Mother, Police Suspect Drug Overdose [Details]
- Don’t Let Prom Sneak Up On You, Shop Cheap Dresses Now!