High School Football Team Scores 49 Points in Less Than Six Minutes
Rucuss staffOctober 27, 2011
The New Orleans Saints scored a lot of points at the beginning of the week.
But it paled in comparison to one football team in Kentucky. The Saints did score 62 points to beat the Indianapolis Colts 62-7 during Monday night football. But it took them more than half the game to exceed 45 points.
It only took Kentucky’s Holy Cross five minutes and 24 seconds to score 49 points. Are you baffled how they did it, check out the play-by-play below:
0:15: Holy Cross returns opening kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown.
1:58: Bethlehem goes three-and-out, and Holy Cross returns the ensuing punt 60 yards for a touchdown.
2:46: Bethlehem loses fumble at its own 10, and Holy Cross scores on first play from scrimmage with 10-yard pass.
4:13: Bethlehem loses another fumble, on its 37, and Holy Cross again needs only one pass to score.
5:08: Holy Cross 43-yard interception return for touchdown.
5:15: Another Holy Cross pick six (ball bounced off receiver’s foot).
5:24: Bethlehem fumbles on its own 8-yard-line, with the ball bouncing directly into the hands of Holy Cross defender who returns it for a TD
Holy Cross’ defense and special teams combined for 35 points. The squad need just two offensive plays for two touchdowns. By halftime, Holy Cross was up 69-0. The squad eventually sent in its backups midway through third quarter. Holy Cross beat Bethlehem 69-3 with the assistance of a running clock in the second half.
More from Rucuss
- Packers Rookie Scores on Wild Kickoff Return
- NFL Suspends Saints Head Coach Sean Payton For 2012 Season, Gregg Williams Suspended Indefinitely
- Some of the Highest Single-Game Paychecks in Sports
- Seattle Seahawks Won’t Sell Tickets To California Addresses [Details]
- 335-Pound High School Football Player Also Cheers During Halftime! [Video]
- Drake Hangs Out With Kentucky After Final Four Win Over Wisconsin