Heroin Dealer Names Product After NBA Player LeBron James [Photo]
Rucuss staffOctober 1, 2012
Miami Heat superstar LeBron James is a hot commodity.
In the last 10 months everything James touches has been successful. He’s helped the Heat win a NBA Championship and the United States win gold at the London Olympics. Sponsors have flocked to the NBA star to help sell its products.
Even drug dealers want to use James’ name to boost sales. Police arrested 19-year-old Marlon Guess after he was found in possession of 140 packets of heroin labeled with James’ name on them on Sept. 27, the Philadelphia Daily News reports. The clear packets even had an image of a basketball player dunking a ball on them.
“I don’t think LeBron James would be too happy with this drug-dealer dude using his name on these street bags,” Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. He added that stamping bags with a logo or image is common but it’s usually a generic name.
Guess tried to outrun police after they bought 140 bags for $750. But he was caught and arrested with a $250,000 cash bail.
More from Rucuss
- Lebron James, Dwyade Wade & Miami Heat Receive 2012 Championship Rings [Photos/Video]
- Team USA Men’s Basketball Celebrate Olympic Gold in London [Photos]
- Floyd Mayweather Jr., LeBron James, Kobe Bryant & More Athletes Dress Up For Halloween [Photos]
- Michael Jordan: ‘No question’ I would have beaten LeBron James [Video]
- LeBron James Stares in Michael Jordan’s Direction While Dunking [Video]
- LeBron James Freestyles to Jay-Z and Kanye West’s ‘N*ggas In Paris’ [Audio]