Heavy D Cause of Death: Pulmonary Embolism
Rucuss staffDecember 27, 2011
Legendary rapper Heavy D died from a pulmonary embolism caused by deep leg vein thrombosis.
A pulmonary embolism is a blockage of one or more arteries in the lungs. It’s commonly caused by blood clots which travel from other parts of the body. Heavy’s clot was formed in his legs, according to the L.A. County Coroner’s Office .
Officials said Heavy D also suffered from heart disease, which could have been a contributing factor in his death, TMZ reports. The Coroner’s Office has classified the death as “natural.”
Deep leg vein thrombosis is often associated with long plane flights, in which a clot can form due to prolonged immobility. Days before Heavy died, he was on a flight back from Europe after performing at the Michael Jackson Tribute concert in Wales.
Heavy, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Myers, was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles on November 9 where he later died on the same day. He was 44-years-old.
More from Rucuss
- Legendary Rapper Heavy D Dead at Age 44
- Conrad Murray Is Being Held In the Jail Medical Ward
- MTV “Buckwild” Star Shain Gandee Found Dead! [Details]
- Lil Twist Sentenced to 1 Year in Jail for Assault [Details]
- Rodney King Found Dead in Swimming Pool, He Was 47
- Shaquille O’Neal Rips Dwight Howard For Signing With a ‘Little Town’ like Houston [Video]