Gucci Mane Takes Plea Deal, Will Remain in Jail Until 2016
Rucuss staffMay 14, 2014
Gucci Mane must spend more time behind bars.
The Freaky Gurl rapper pled guilty to possession of a firearm by a convicted felon on Tuesday. According to TMZ, the charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years, but Gucci received 39 months under the terms of his plea deal.
Gucci, whose real name is Radric Davis, will also receive 10 months credit for time served and is scheduled to be released in late 2016. He has been in an Atlanta jail since September after he was arrested for possessing a loaded handgun and marijuana.
Gucci was arrested on September of last year after police found a gun on him. He was arrested two days late with a different gun, Gucci acted erratically and threatened people on both occasions, according to the indictment. The plea agreement focused only on the second gun charge.
Gucci will officially be sentenced on July 28. In addition to jail time, he faces a fine of $250,000.
Photos via Rolling Out and ATLnightspots.com
More from Rucuss
- Gucci Mane Proposes to Keyshia Ka’oir at Atlanta Hawks Game [Video]
- Gucci Mane Files A Lawsuit Against Waka Flocka & Deb Antney, She Responds [Details]
- Gucci Mane Disses Young Jeezy, Yo Gotti & T.I., Puts Waka Flocka Up For Sale [Details]
- Gucci Mane Apologizes For Twitter Rant, Admits Addiction to Lean [Details]
- Gucci Mane Sentenced to Six Months in Jail [Details]
- Gucci Mane Arrested For Threatening Cops, Drug & Weapon Possession