Gucci Mane Sentenced to Six Months in Jail [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 30, 2013
Gucci Mane’s time in the free world is up.
But it may be what the troubled Atlanta rapper needs. Gucci Mane was sentenced to six months in jail for probation violation on Friday, stemming from a bust on drugs and guns earlier in the month. Gucci was arrested on disorderly conduct and possession of a concealed weapon charges in Atlanta on Sept. 14 after he threatened and cursed at police.
A firearm and weed was found on his person after he was searched. Court documents show that Gucci La Flare was charged with firearm possession by a convicted felon, disorderly conduct, carry a concealed weapon and marijuana possession. All are probation violations.
Its been a rough year for Gucci. He was dropped by both his manager and Atlantic Records. He was arrested for assaulting a fan at a club earlier in the year and he later waged a war with other artists on Twitter. Since Gucci has been behind bars, he posted an apology to his fans and artists last week.
“Woke up the other day out this hospital bed & I’m so embarrassed & ashamed of my behavior that was brought to my attention,” Gucci wrote. “I just wanna man up right now & take this time to apologize to my family, friends, the industry & most of all my fans. I’m SORRY!”
Gucci has not tweeted about his jail sentence.
More from Rucuss
- Gucci Mane Arrested For Threatening Cops, Drug & Weapon Possession
- Gucci Mane Apologizes For Twitter Rant, Admits Addiction to Lean [Details]
- Gucci Mane Proposes to Keyshia Ka’oir at Atlanta Hawks Game [Video]
- Gucci Mane Denied Bond in Case of Assault With Soldier! [Details]
- Gucci Mane Hits Fan Over the Head With a Bottle After He Asks For Autograph! [Details]
- Gucci Mane Takes Plea Deal, Will Remain in Jail Until 2016