Grand Theft Auto Breaks Record With $800M In First-Day Sales
Rucuss staffSeptember 19, 2013
The video game Grand Theft Auto V sold more than $800 million during its first 24 hours, making it the best-selling video game of all time for first-day sales.
According to CNET, the game’s release could be the biggest of 2013. Some analysts estimate that it will bring in about $1 billion for the franchise in its first month in stores.
Grand Theft Auto 5 only has a single-player component on Xbox 360 and PS3. Rockstar announced the multiplayer supplement, Grand Theft Auto Online, will launch on October 1.
Grand Theft Auto V, which was released on Sept. 17, is an open-world game with a narrative that focuses on three urban criminals. It was developed over five years ago with a budget estimated at $260 million.
Photos via Forbes.com
More from Rucuss
- Racist ‘Ghetto Tracker’ App Helps The Rich Avoid The Poor, Creator Responds to Backlash [Details]
- Details Emerge in Apollo Nida’s Bank Fraud & Identity Theft Arrest
- Tiny Wants T.I. to ‘Come Back’ [Details]
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds
- Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy to Commit Mail, Wire and Bank Fraud
- Phaedra Parks’ Husband Apollo Nida Arrested for Bank Fraud & Identity Theft! [Details]