Giuliana Rancic Reveals She Has Breast Cancer
Rucuss staffOctober 17, 2011
E! News and Style network host Giuliana Rancic has breast cancer.
Rancic, 37, announced the news on NBC’s Today Show. She said discovered a tumor during a mammogram while undergoing another round of in-vitro fertilization in an effort to get pregnant.
The E! host will undergo surgery this week and then have six weeks of radiation therapy. The cancer has been detected early, and the prognosis is good, she said.
Rancic was going to wait until 40 to have a mammogram, but her IVF doctor suggested she have one done. She says she will still push to have a baby, following one IVF attempt that ended in a miscarriage and a second that didn’t work.
“I still want this baby because this baby has saved my life,” she said. “I truly feel God was looking out after me. If I had gotten pregnant later down the line, I could have been a lot sicker.”
She also says her husband, Bill Rancic, has been “unbelievable. The best thing about Bill is, he lets me cry when I want to cry.”
Check out her interview on the Today Show.
More from Rucuss
- Giuliana Rancic Apologizes to Zendaya For Racist Comment [Details]
- Is Robin Roberts Secretly Planning to Marry a Woman? [Details]
- Kelly Rowland to Publish First Book ‘Whoa, Baby!’ [Details]
- Angelina Jolie: ‘I Had Double Mastectomy Because of High Breast Cancer Risk’
- Did Chris Brown Get a Neck Tattoo of Battered Woman? [Photos]
- Meagan Good and Fiance Waiting For Wedding Night to Have Sex