Gerard Butler In Rehab For Addiction To Prescription Drugs
Rucuss staffFebruary 24, 2012
Actor Gerard Butler has entered rehab at Betty Ford Clinic for substance abuse issues.
Butler allegedly entered rehab after struggling with a reliance on prescription medication. TMZ reports that Butler began to rely on drugs when he was shooting the movie ‘300’ back in 2006. He took medication to deal with pain management during filming of the movie. His reliance on drugs was increased following a surfing accident last December.
Butler was filming for new movie ‘Of Men and Mavericks’ in California when he was thrown from his board and hit by 12 foot high waves. A source also told TMZ that Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.
Butler entered Betty Ford voluntarily three weeks ago and is due to leave the center today.
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- Nadya ‘Octomom’ Suleman Enters Rehab! [Details]
- Chaka Khan Enters Rehab, Cites Prince’s Death As A Motivating Factor
- Lamar Odom Reportedly Checks Into Rehab [Details]
- Wendy Williams Talks About Past Drug Use, Cries Over Whitney Houston’s Death [Video]
- Bobby Brown Enters Rehab For Alcohol Addiction