George Zimmerman Stopped By Texas Police For Speeding, Had Loaded Gun in Car! [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 31, 2013
George Zimmerman was pulled over for speeding in North Texas on Sunday.
Zimmerman was driving a grey pickup truck with a Florida license plate when he was pulled over for speeding on Highway 80 in Forney, east of Dallas. The officer reportedly did not recognize Zimmerman, CBS DFW reports.
The Florida native told the officer he was armed and was then told to put the weapon in his glove compartment.
When asked where he was going, Zimmerman reportedly told the officer, no place in particular. Zimmerman was given a warning and allowed to go on his way after the cop determined who the infamous driver was. The traffic stop lasted 5 minutes.
TMZ said Zimmerman was not wearing a disguise.
Earlier this month, Zimmerman was acquitted of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a racial profiling incident in Sanford, Florida in February 2012. Attorney General of the United States Eric Holder ordered Sanford police not to return the gun Zimmerman used to shoot Martin.
His acquittal prompted rallies nationwide calling for a civil rights probe, and the case has sparked debate about race and self-defense laws.
Photos via Global Grind and DeathandTaxesmag.com
More from Rucuss
- George Zimmerman, DMX Boxing Match Will More Than Likely Be Fixed
- WTF! First It Was Planking Then Tebowing Now Trayvoning [Photos]
- Hoodies Up! Miami Heat Players Wear Hoodies in Honor of Trayvon Martin [Photo]
- George Zimmerman’s Bond Set at $150,000, Apologizes to Family [Details]
- President Obama Addresses The George Zimmerman Verdict & Race In America [Video]
- Kim Kardashian Writes Plea For Black Lives Matter After Dallas Shooting