Gayle King Says Oprah is Not Blue Ivy Carter’s Godmother
Rucuss staffJanuary 27, 2012
Gayle King denied rumors that Oprah Winfrey is the godmother of Beyonce and Jay-Z’s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
On Friday, the CBS co-host and Winfrey’s best friend said the reports were “absolutely not true.” King was responding to rumors that Beyonce and Jay-Z had chosen Oprah to be their daughter’s godmother.
“She’s friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much,” King said on CBS. “She’s working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn’t even had time to send a baby gift because she’s been away.”
King added, “Let me just say, if true, it is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born.”
Oprah was attending the first graduation of the school she established for underprivileged girls in South Africa.
Another Blue Ivy rumor that is not true, SHOCKING!
More from Rucuss
- Top 3 Craziest Rumors About Beyonce and Jay-Z’s Baby Blue Ivy Carter
- Oprah Winfrey Doesn’t Regret Not Having Kids [Details]
- Beyonce Celebrates 31st Birthday With Jay-Z and Blue Ivy in France [Photos]
- Beyonce Gives First Interview Since the Arrival of Blue Ivy Carter
- Blue Ivy Carter Tired of Being Covered Up, Pulls Back Blanket [Photos]
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Carter Released From Hospital, Now What?!? A Few Predictions Of What to Expect