Frank Ocean’s Cousin Admits To Using Force Against Chris Brown’s Crew
Rucuss staffDecember 11, 2013
Frank Ocean’s cousin claims he’s had a reason for using force to protect his family.
Sha’Keir Duarte insists he only used force to protect Ocean from a beating in a parking lot brawl with Chris Brown and his entourage in January. Brown and his bodyguards allegedly got into a brawl with Ocean and his entourage over a parking space outside the Westlake Studio in West Hollywood, Calif.
Ocean declined to press charges after initially filing a police complaint for battery. In August, Duarte filed a $3 million civil action, alleging Brown was responsible for a vicious beating he took from a member of the Fine China singer’s security team. In November, Brown filed a countersuit accusing Duarte of provoking the fight.
In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Duarte admitted to the accusation, but claims he was only trying to defend his cousin. He claims he’s using “reasonable and necessary” force to protect himself and Ocean against one of Brown’s friends, called Hood.
Brown is currently in a Malibu rehab for his anger management issues. He was ordered to submit to 90 days in treatment as part of his probation deal. Brown was allegedly involved in another fight outside a Washington, D.C. hotel in October.
Photos via Rap-Up.com and Thatgrapejuice.net
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown, Karrueche Cruise Around Los Angeles, Being Sued By Frank Ocean’s Cousin [Photos]
- Chris Brown Talks To Police About Brawl With Drake, Manager Sets the Record Straight [Details]
- Frank Ocean Says Chris Brown Threatened to Shoot Him! [Details]
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- Chris Brown Goes Off On Karrueche Over Soulja Boy Comments
- Chris Brown Talks Drake, Frank Ocean & Tupac Comparsions [Video]