Former ‘The Voice’ Contestant Christina Grimmie Murdered After Concert
Rucuss staffJune 11, 2016
Former The Voice contestant Christina Grimmie was shot and killed after her concert over the weekend.
The 22-year-old was shot while greeting fans following a show on Friday night. CNN reports a man walked up to her after the performance in Orlando and opened fire. The man was not from the area and “traveled to Orlando apparently to commit this crime,” Orlando Police Chief John Mina told reporters Saturday.
Grimmie performed on the sixth season of The Voice, joining Adam Levine’s team, before breaking out on her own with her brother in the band Before You Exit. She was also signed to Island Records and was reportedly working on an album.
Grimmie’s representatives and police confirmed her passing after the incident, releasing a statement on Saturday:
“It is with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Christina has passed and went home to be with the Lord,” the statement read. “She was shot at her show in Orlando and, unfortunately, didn’t survive the gun shot wounds. We ask at this time that you respect the privacy of her family and friends in their time of mourning.”
Grimmie finished third on the sixth season of The Voice. There has already been an outpouring of support from fans and musicians.
More from Rucuss
- A Gutful! Cee Lo Green Lets It All Hang Out During Concert [Photo]
- 5 Little Health Signs You Should Pay Attention To
- Lil Twist Sentenced to 1 Year in Jail for Assault [Details]
- Pranked: Trinidad James Gets Served By Otis From Martin [Video]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Solange’s Business Partner Stabbed 10 Times [Details]