Former NFL player Chris Draft Loses Wife Keasha to Cancer One Month After Wedding
Rucuss staffDecember 29, 2011
It was a modern day fairytale that had all the ingredients for one of the greatest love stories.
Former NFL linebacker Chris Draft’s girlfriend Keasha Rutledge was diagnosed with lung cancer during their courtship. Draft, who spent 13 seasons in the NFL, didn’t run the other way when he found out the news. He stuck by her side through the long haul. Draft was there through the chemo treatments and when her health took a turn for the worse.
But before Keasha became too weak, Draft made sure he granted her one wish. Keasha’s wish was to become Draft’s wife. The 35-year old married Keasha on Nov. 27 in a touching ceremony in Atlanta.
Keasha, who was too weak to walk down the aisle, used a wheelchair until she reached the last few steps and amazingly was able to walk to her man in front of the pastor.
The entire ceremony went off without any problems. They cut the cake and danced at the reception. They lived as husband and wife. But the fairytale came to an end on Dec. 27 when Keasha loss her battle to cancer. It was one month after their wedding.
Check out the couple’s wedding video below.
Check out a photo gallary of Keasha.
Our hearts and prayers are with the Draft and Rutledge families. We hope this love story inspires and strengthens marriages and relationships.
(Photos via YBF)
More from Rucuss
- Former Defensive Back Chris McAlister Claims He’s Broke
- NFL Player Rashad Johnson Tweets a Photo Of His Severed Finger!
- NFL Player Tommie Harris’ Wife Ashley Dies Less Than Two Months After Wedding [Details]
- NFL Player Jabar Gaffney Goes on Twitter Rant, Says Feelings Are For Suckas! [Details]
- Tim Tebow’s Brother Happy Broncos Eliminated From Playoffs [Details]
- Oscar De La Hoya Checks Back Into Rehab! [Details]