Former Disney Star Lee Thompson Young Dead at 29 [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 19, 2013
Actor Lee Thompson Young committed suicide in his Los Angeles apartment Monday morning.
Young, who starred in the TNT series Rizzoli & Isles, was 29 years old. TMZ reports that Young’s body was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound at 8 a.m., after someone from the show called his landlord to check up on the actor when he didn’t show up for work.
Young’s longtime manager, Jonathan Baruch, released a statement to People:
“It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning,” Baruch said. “Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed. We ask that you please respect the privacy of his family and friends at this very difficult time.”
Young is best known for the leading role on Disney’s The Famous Jett Jackson television series that began in 1998. His most recent role was Detective Barry Frost on Rizzoli & Isles.
Young also co-starred on UPN’s South Beach and had recurring roles on FlashForward, Scrubs and Smallville, He also had movie roles in Friday Night Lights, Akeelah and the Bee and The Hills Have Eyes II.
Photos via Mediamikes.com and
More from Rucuss
- Aaliyah’s Family Wants to Stop Lifetime Biopic [Details]
- Chrisette Michele Responds to Trump Performance Backlash [Details]
- Miley Cyrus Twerks on Stage at Juicy J’s Concert [Video]
- Iggy Azalea Says She and Nick Young ‘Are Good’ After Cheating Scandal [Details]
- Say What! Shaquille O’Neal Set To Graduate With Doctorate Degree In Education
- Former Drummer Files Restraining Order Against Beyoncé [Details]