Former Defensive Back Chris McAlister Claims He’s Broke
Rucuss staffSeptember 16, 2011
Three-time Pro Bowler Chris McAlister is not doing so well these days.
According to documents obtained by TMZ, the former NFL star claims to be broke. That’s right he’s gone through millions of dollars that he received over a 10-year period.
In the documents, McAlister, a first round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years, states:
“I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income.” He adds, “I live in my parent’s home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so.”
Alister filed documents in his child support case with ex-wife Marlene McAlister in the hopes of lowering his $11,ooo per month payment. Marlene claims Alister ended the 13-month marriage in 2009 when she refused to get an abortion.
The ex-Baltimore Ravens player signed a seven-year, $55 million contract in 2004. He played five years on that contract before being released, so he didn’t receive $16 million of that salary. But Alister did receive a signing bonus of reportedly $10 million, which also included a $7.5 million roster bonus for 2005. The year before he signed the contract, he made almost $6 million.
Alister, who helped the Ravens win the 2000 Super Bowl, has been out the league for only a year. He was with the Saints in 2009 but didn’t see a lot of playing time before being released.
More from Rucuss
- Former NFL player Chris Draft Loses Wife Keasha to Cancer One Month After Wedding
- Janet Jackson Splits with Husband Wissam Al Mana [Details]
- Michael Sam Drafted By Rams In 7th Round, Shares Kiss With Boyfriend [Video]
- Cowboys’ New Quarterback Deleted His Old Tweets Ripping Tony Romo
- James Harden, Dwight Howard Tried To Get Each Other Traded
- Packers Rookie Scores on Wild Kickoff Return