Floyd Mayweather Jr. Has $123 Million in One Bank Account! [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 5, 2013
Floyd Mayweather Jr. has so much money that he doesn’t know what to do with it.
Literally. The 36-year old, who fights Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 14th, was recently profiled by ESPN’s Tim Keown. The writer showcased the cocky and comical Mayweather. His behavior is nothing new to his fans.
But what did surprise many was how clueless Mayweather is about bank accounts. Acccording to Keown, Mayweather keeps $123 million in one bank account.
Yahoo Finance reports:
Keown was with Mayweather in a Grand Rapids, Mich. Foot Locker when the boxer discreetly showed him his bank account receipt and said, “One account, baby.”
“I had heard that Floyd does his banking the old-fashioned way: going inside, talking to a real-life teller. He is also known to be a big proponent of maximum liquidity. Still, the amount of digits spread across the bottom-right corner doesn’t seem possible.”
According to Forbes, Mayweather was the highest-earning athlete in the world from 2011 to 2012, making $85 million. It’s unclear what his exact net worth is, but its safe to assume he’s clueless about FDIC rules.
The FDIC, which stands for federal deposit insurance company, insures bank accounts up to $250,000 per insured bank. So if Mayweather’s bank ever goes under he’s going to be one upset boxer.
Meanwhile, Mayweather will reportedly earn a guaranteed purse of $41.5 million for his junior middleweight unification fight with Alvarez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Sept. 14. Hopefully, he’ll open up a few bank accounts.
Photos via TheSource and SandraRose.com
More from Rucuss
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Shows Off His $41 Million Check From Canelo Fight
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Insults Nelly & Shantel Jackson During Interview, Nelly Responds
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Beats Canelo Alvarez By Majority Decision [Photos]
- Say What: Is Floyd Mayweather Jr. Planning Ring Walk With Lil Terio?!
- Did Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Buy Shantel Jackson a $16 Million Dollar Blue Diamond? [Photos]
- Roger Mayweather on Adrien Broner: ‘He Ain’t No Motherf*cking Floyd Mayweather!’ [Video]