Florida School Threatens To Expel Student Bullied Over Natural Hair! [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 27, 2013
A Florida student loves her natural hair.
Unfortunately, some of her classmates don’t feel the same way about her locks. No, the African-American student has been picked on constantly because of her natural hair. Now the Florida school believes the perfect solution to the problem is for the student being bullied to get expelled.
Vanessa VanDyke, 12, alleges administrators at Faith Christian Academy, a private school in Orlando, feels her hair is a “distraction” after she complained about being teased by other students.
“There have been bullies in the school,” the 12-year old’s mother Sabrina told Orlando’s Local 6 News. “There have been people teasing her about her hair, and it seems to me that they’re blaming her.”
Sabrina said her daughter had been going to school with the same hair for months, but was only labeled a “distraction” after the issue of bullying was brought up. Now administrators have given Vanessa two options either cut and style her hair or face expulsion.
“I’m depressed about leaving my friends and people that I’ve known for a while, but I’d rather have that than the principals and administrators picking on me and saying that I should change my hair,” Vanessa said.
More from Rucuss
- Meteorologist Rhonda Lee Fired for Responding to Natural Hair Comment on Facebook [Details]
- Teacher Sends Note Home To Parents That Says Their Kids Stink! [Details]
- Beyonce’s Sister Solange Says Leave Her & Her Natural Hair Alone! [Details]
- Kanye West Meets with Donald Trump [Details]
- Kanye West Reportedly Struggling with Paranoia and Depression
- Kevin McCall Accused of Beating a Woman Unconscious [Details]