First Look: Yaya DaCosta as Whitney Houston in Lifetime Biopic
Rucuss staffJuly 12, 2014
America’s Next Top Model alum Yaya DaCosta steps into the role of Whitney Houston in the upcoming Lifetime biopic Whitney Houston. E
Entertainment Weekly got ahold of the first look of the 31-year-old as she recreates the late legend’s 1987 Whitney album cover. DaCosta wers a white tank top, big curly hair and a bright smile.
“I just looked at the picture and did the pose!” said DaCosta.
The film, directed by Houston’s Waiting to Exhale co-star Angela Bassett, just began shooting and is set to premiere in early 2015.
Photos via Entertainment Weekly
More from Rucuss
- Bobbi Kristina Slams Angela Bassett For Not Being Cast To Pay Whitney Houston
- Rihanna To Play Whitney Houston In Biopic?
- Check Out Ciara’s Whitney Houston Dance Tribue
- Say What: Prodigy Reportedly Leaves Mindless Behavior?! [Details]
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Padma Lakshmi Accused Of ‘Cultural Appropriation’ [Details]