Olympic Ring Fail at Sochi Opening Ceremony Inspires T-Shirts [Photo]
Rucuss staffFebruary 8, 2014
When the fifth over-sized Olympic ring failed to open at the Sochi Winter Olympics, many gave some harsh opinions about the mishap.
It looked odd having only four rings and a snowflake in the fifth ring’s place during the early moments of the opening. The unveiling of the rings is always one of the most iconic moments, and President Vladimir Putin has been determined to use the ceremony as an introduction of the new Russia to the world.
The five were supposed to join together and erupt in fireworks. But one snowflake never expanded, and the pyrotechnics never went off.
While the United State broadcast the mishap, Russia cut away to rehearsal footage. All five rings came together, and the fireworks exploded on cue. Plenty went on Twitter to poke fun at the mishap, read a few tweets below.
Now you can order your very own “Sochi Problems” t-shirt. The shirt, which retails for $22.95, has four rings and a snowflake across the front of the shirt.
Photos via Twitter
More from Rucuss
- Russia Pokes Fun at Olympic Ring Malfunction in Closing Ceremony [Photos]
- Russian Official Says Sochi Hotel Showers Are Under Video Surveillance
- Woman Who Lit Olympic Flame in Sochi Tweeted Racist Photo of Obama
- Russian Band ‘Pussy Riot’ Sentenced To Two Years in Prison For Hooliganism! [DETAILS]
- 2012 Olympics: Gabby Douglas Wins Women’s All-Around Gymnastics Title!
- Inspirational Moment: Olympian Oscar Pistorius in One of the Best Photos Ever!