Fetty Wap Apologizes For Drug-Themed Video Filmed At Jersey School
Rucuss staffJune 17, 2016
Fetty Wap got a school principal suspended, and now he’s doing what he can to help get his job back.
The punishment came after the Trap Queen rapper was allowed to film his music video Wake Up at Eastside High in Paterson, New Jersey. Principal Zatiti Moody was placed on administrative leave on June 1 while the school district looked into how Wap was able to film on the school’s premises.
The video encourages viewers to “roll something up,” while women twerked in a classroom. “I ain’t really trippin’ off of school,” Wap raps on the track.
On Wednesday, Wap was among more than 100 people protesting the principal’s suspension at a Paterson Board of Education meeting. Wap apologized for Wake Up.
“If I disrespected anybody, I came today to apologize,” he said. “But I also wanted to let people know that I’m a product of my environment.”
The president of the Paterson Principals’ Association Grace Giglio said that Moody is respected and should be given the rights of due process in this matter.
“Mr. Moody is a well-regarded principal with an established record of being a loyal employee and having a strong commitment to the district and to the Paterson community,” Giglio said. “As president of the Paterson Principals’ Association, it is my expectation that Mr. Moody will be given his full rights of due process.”
Watch Wap apologize to the school board below.
More from Rucuss
- Fetty Wap Robbed, Leads to a Shoot Out [Details]
- Fetty Wap’s Baby Mama Blasts Him On Social Media, Argues With His Sister
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Fires Assistant for Stealing $250,000 [Details]
- Fetty Wap Brings $165,000 to Court to Pay Off $360 Fine [Details]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Letoya Luckett’s Fans Are Fed Up, Fan Site Puts Her on Blast [Details]