FBI Blasts Media, Confirms No Arrest Made in Boston Bombing [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 17, 2013
Some media outlets are taking breaking news to another level.
And the FBI doesn’t appreciate the networks tactics. CNN, Fox and other media outlets were warned by the FBI that it needed to verify its leads with a credible source, after claiming that a Boston bombing arrest had been made and a suspect was in custody.
Turns out those reports are false.
CNN and later Fox had reported that an arrest had been made. The AP followed suit, and the Boston Globe reported that not only was a suspect in hand, that the person was en route to court.
Fox 5 Atlanta even posted photos of alleged suspects with black backpacks in the crowd before the explosions.
Now the FBI has issued a statement that none of the reports are accurate.
“Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack. Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate.
“Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting.”
Photos via Imgr.com and thenewstribune.com
More from Rucuss
- The FBI Needs Your Help, Releases Photos of Suspects in Boston Marathon Bombings! [Photos/Video]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Raz B Was Never On Life Support, Report Was a Lie! [Details]
- The Game Drags Meek Mill Over Nicki Minaj & Remy Ma Beef
- Real Housewives of Atlanta: Marlo Hampton’s Shady Past [Details]
- NeNe Leakes Accused Of Stealing A T-Shirt Design [Details]