Fat Joe Sentenced to Four Months in Prison for Tax Evasion! [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 24, 2013
Fat Joe won’t be seeing the light of day anytime soon.
Fat Joe, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, was sentenced to four months in prison on Monday. The New York rapper must sit behind bars after failing to file federal income taxes.
The judge took into consideration the government’s allegation that Joe failed to pay taxes on $3 million in income between 2007-2010, totaling a tax loss of $718,038. The verdict comes on the heels of a guilty plea last December for tax evasion.
Fat Joe allegedly apologized to his family and supporters during the sentencing in Newark, New Jersey. He is the latest hip-hop star to be sentenced for tax evasion. Lauryn Hill was sentenced to three months while Ja Rule was just released after serving 28 months behind bars.
Photo via Hip Hop Wired
More from Rucuss
- Real Housewives of New Jersey’ Stars Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Guilty In Fraud Case
- Awkward: 50 Cent And Ja Rule Fly on the Same Plane [Details]
- Lauryn Hill Thanks Fans In Open Letter [Details]
- Fetty Wap Robbed, Leads to a Shoot Out [Details]
- Stevie J Must Appear In Court Over Child Support, May Face Jail Time [Details]
- Apollo Nida Engaged To Woman While In Prison [Details]