Fantasia Barrino Breaks Down Onstage In Trinidad [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 2, 2012
Fantasia Barrino had a meltdown at her Truth Is concert over the weekend.
The American Idol alum couldn’t contain her emotions onstage and tears began to flow during her set at the Ambassador Hotel in Trinidad. Fantasia allegedly cried while she sang Even Angels from her third album Back To Me.
Fantasia, who was in Trinidad to celebrate her 28th birthday, told fans she had been through many obstacles in her life but emerged stronger with the help of God.
“No matter what you’ve been through, know that you can fly,” Fantasia told the crowd. “I have to tell God thank you because he has blessed me. Just when I thought it was all over, he kept blessing me. He’s always been there. I made it through because of God…Everything I went through is my testimony.”
Fantasia admits the negative media coverage got unbearable at times.
“This year, we lost Whitney Houston,” the singer added. “They just wouldn’t leave her alone. They did not understand that she was only human. We lose family, friends, all for the love of money. The only person who will never leave you is Jesus.”
Fantasia wore an orange dress with silver accessories. She kept the crowd on their feet for her hour-long set with songs Truth Is, When I See You, Free Yourself, Collard Greens and Cornbread and Bittersweet.
According to reports, Fantasia ripped kicked off her heels during her performance. She did a ‘whine’ dance, which is popular in Trinidad and performed Prince’s Kiss and Tina Turner’s I Can’t Stand the Rain.
More from Rucuss
- Did Antwaun Cook Dump Fantasia For Kendra From Bad Girls Club? [Details]
- Cissy Houston’s First Interview Since Whitney Houston’s Death [Video]
- Kevin McCall Accused of Beating a Woman Unconscious [Details]
- Fantasia Renews Wedding Vows Over Christmas [Photos]
- Fantasia Receives Surprise Tribute at ‘The Side Effects of You’ Album Release Party [Photos]
- Check Out Ciara’s Whitney Houston Dance Tribue