Evelyn Lozada’s First Interview: ‘He Made a Bad Choice that Destroyed His Life’ [Video]
Rucuss staffAugust 31, 2012
Evelyn Lozada is speaking out about the alleged domestic abuse she suffered at the hands of her estranged husband Chad Johnson.
Lozada sat down with ABC Nightline’s Amy Robach and opened up about the head-butting incident that occurred on Aug. 11. A heated argument over a condom receipt ended with Lozada being treated at a hospital for a three-inch laceration to her forehead. Johnson was charged with battery and released on $2,500 bond.
Lozada tearfully admitted that she “loves him” still but the distance has helped.
“I would like for him to tell me he got help and that he’s working on himself,” said Lozada when asked what she wants to hear from her ex. She then said “He loves football and he’s very driven and a great dad. He made a bad choice that destroyed his life, and I hate that I’m connected to that…It was his choice, it wasn’t mine.”
Lozada added, “It’s the hardest thing in the world to walk away from someone that you really love. But you have to walk away because I have to protect myself.”
Lozada detailed the moments leading up to the incident. She claims she found a receipt for condoms in his car and confronted him about it.
“And then the next thing I know, he grabbed me by here [pointing to her head] and he head-butted me,” Lozada explained. “I felt blood coming down my face… and I looked at him and I said, ‘You just head-butted me?’ And it just — everything just felt if it was in slow motion.”
The full interview will be aired tonight at 11:35pm ET on ABC.
More from Rucuss
- Chad Johnson’s Daughter: ‘I Will Always Love My Dad & Evelyn” [Details]
- Chad Johnson Wants Evelyn Lozada Back! [Details]
- Chad Johnson Says He Had to Take the Fall for the Domestic Abuse Because Evelyn Was His Wife! [Details]
- Evelyn Lozada Tackles Domestic Abuse, Anger Issues & Resentment on Iyanla Vanzant’s ‘Fix My Life’ [Video]
- Vh1 Pulls ‘Ev & Ocho’ Show From It’s Fall Line Up [Details]
- Chad Johnson, Evelyn Lozada 911 Call Released By Police [Audio]