Evelyn Lozada Sues Gossip Website
Rucuss staffOctober 7, 2011
Evelyn Lozada is suing website Media Takeout for publishing “defamatory” stories about her cheating on fiance Chad Ochocinco with his footballer friend Terrell Owens,
According to Courthouse News Service, she filed papers in a Miami-Dade County Court over a story posted on Sept. 2 with a headline that read: “Evelyn Lozada from the Basketball Wives was CREEPING … with one of Chad’s BALLER FRIENDS!!!’ (Explosive Details).” The site has not deleted the page, but has deleted the text and replaced it with “As a courtesy to Evelyn, we have removed this article.”
She also claims the website published a “follow-up” article four days later that falsely stated she was “knocked up” and quitting the “VH1’s Basketball Wives” to become a full-time mom.
Lozada, who claims the website rejected her request for a retraction, is suing for “reputational and professional damage, damage to her business, and severe emotional distress.” She seeks punitive damages.
More from Rucuss
- Chad Johnson Avoids Jail Time in Battery Case Against Evelyn Lozada [Details]
- Basketball Wives: Evelyn Lozada Lands Her Own Spin-Off Show
- Evelyn Lozada Has Second Thoughts About Her Behavior, Misses Jennifer Williams
- Get the Look: Chad Ochocinco in $30 H&M Statement T-Shirt
- Miami Hotels Reject Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco’s Wedding [Details]
- Evelyn Lozada Does Her First Sexy Photo Shoot After Domestic Violence Dispute [Photos]