Evelyn Lozada Releases Statement: ‘Domestic Violence Is Not Okay’ Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 14, 2012
Evelyn Lozada is speaking out about the domestic violence incident involving her husband Chad Johnson over the weekend.
On Saturday, Johnson was arrested and charged with simple battery after Lozada accused him of head-butting her. The two got into a heated argument after she found a receipt for condoms in the trunk of his car.
Three days later, Evelyn has released an official statement about the incident.
“It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday. I am deeply disappointed that Chad has failed to take responsibility for his actions and made false accusations against me, it is my sincere hope that he seeks the help he needs to overcome his troubles. Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well. I’m grateful to my family, friends and fans for the outpouring of support during this difficult time.”
The statement comes just one day after VH1 announced it was pulling Chad and Evelyn’s new reality show, Ev and Ocho, from its fall line up that was scheduled to premiere on September 3rd. There were 11 episodes about the couple’s engagement and wedding taped, which included a two-part season finale.
Johnson was cut from the Miami Dolphins, 24 hours after his arrest.
More from Rucuss
- Evelyn Lozada Files For Divorce, Chad Johnson Apologizes [Details]
- Chad Johnson Wants Evelyn Lozada Back! [Details]
- NFL Player Chad Johnson Arrested For Domestic Violence [Details]
- Chad Johnson, Evelyn Lozada 911 Call Released By Police [Audio]
- Chad Johnson’s Daughter: ‘I Will Always Love My Dad & Evelyn” [Details]
- Vh1 Pulls ‘Ev & Ocho’ Show From It’s Fall Line Up [Details]