Evelyn Lozada and Chad Johnson Are Officially Divorced! [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 19, 2012
Basketball Wives star Evelyn Lozada and former NFL player Chad Johnson were granted a divorce Wednesday morning.
A Florida judge signed off on the estranged couple’s divorce papers. Johnson’s attorney Adam Swickle told E! News that the hearing was “very quick” and “very procedural.” It only lasted “three to five minutes” and neither Johnson nor Lozada were in attendance.
Lozada’s lawyer Michael Gilden told People, “Evelyn and Mr. Johnson were divorced this morning in an uncontested final hearing. My client is a single woman and looks forward to her future.”
Lozada filed for divorce on August 14 after Johnson was arrested for allegedly head butting her during a heated argument over a condom receipt. The couple was only married 41 days. Johnson, who tattooed Evelyn’s face on his leg, didn’t want to end the marriage but eventually gave in a month later.
Shortly after the divorce was finalized, Johnson posted the photo below on Instagram with the caption “Love Never Look So Good.”
Johnson, who is taking anger management classes to deal with his anger issues, also tweeted:
Meanwhile, Lozada tweeted:
More from Rucuss
- NFL Player Chad Johnson Arrested For Domestic Violence [Details]
- Photos of Chad Johnson’s Ex Evelyn Lozada’s Bloody Head Gash Injury Emerge
- Evelyn Lozada Files For Divorce, Chad Johnson Apologizes [Details]
- Chad Johnson Tattoos Evelyn Lozada’s Face On His Leg [Photos/Video]
- Say What: Chad Johnson Says He’s Still Married! [Details]
- Chad Johnson Wants Evelyn Lozada Back! [Details]