Eve to Star in Interracial Romantic Comedy On ABC
Rucuss staffJanuary 15, 2014
Eve has landed another television role.
This time, the rapper/actress is developing an interracial romantic comedy for ABC. According to Deadline.com, Eve will star in a comedy project produced by Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment.
Kaplan announced the news on Twitter. The company tweeted, “Developing a 1/2 hr comedy w @TheRealEve for @ABCNetwork! #Eve will be starring & Exec Producing w me, I’m so excitd she’s coming back to TV.”
Kaplan approached Eve with the idea and the two pitched it to ABC. Eve, along with Kaplan, will serve as executive producer. Eve, 35, will be able to take away from her own interacial relationship with British entrepreneur Maximillion Cooper. The two got engaged in December.
Eve previously starred in the UPN sitcom Eve from 2003-2006. She was also a costar in the Barbershop film franchise.
The show is slated for the 2014-15 development season.
Photos via Billboard.com and BET.com
More from Rucuss
- Eve Celebrates Upcoming Wedding With Bachelorette Party [Photos]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Olympic Gold Medalist Sanya Richards-Ross Lands Reality Show [Details]
- The Game On Canceling Wedding: ‘I Wasn’t Man Enough To See It Through’
- Nia Long Shows Off Baby Kez Udoka [PHOTOS]