Erykah Badu Wants to Deliver Babies
Rucuss staffSeptember 19, 2011
Erykah Badu is pursuing a career in midwifery.
According to People magazine, the singer is studying to become a midwife after acting as a birth doula and helping close friends deliver their babies naturally.
Badu told People, “I’ve always had a mothering nature. But I didn’t plan on becoming a doula. I just wanted to care for my family and friends.When I saw the baby, I cried. I knew what I was supposed to do with my life.”
She has helped mothers and mothers-to-be relax by giving massages and using a stress reduction technique called Reiki. She’s now a spokeswoman for the International Center for Traditional Childbearing and plans to open up birthing centers in inner cities.
More from Rucuss
- Amber Rose Reveals She Had a C-Section, Skipped Out on Natural Birth [Video]
- Erykah Badu Is The New Face Of Givenchy, Reveals Painful Nose Ring [Photos]
- Erykah Badu Trades Insults With Woman on Twitter: ‘Calm Your Fake, Righteous A** Down!’ [Details]
- Erykah Badu Tells Azealia Banks To Come See Her After Twitter Beef [Details]
- Erykah Badu Goes Blonde, Shows Off Curves on Miami Beach [Photos]
- Jovan Belcher’s Mother Cheryl Shepherd Frantic 911 Call Released [Audio]