Erykah Badu Is The New Face Of Givenchy, Reveals Painful Nose Ring [Photos]
Rucuss staffDecember 11, 2013
Erykah Badu is the new face of Givenchy’s spring 2014 campaign.
Givenchy creative director Riccardo Tisci believes the Bag Lady singer is one of the most stylish women he ever met. He told Style.com that Badu was in the back of his mind when he was designing the Spring collection.
“Erykah, she’s an icon—come on!” Tisci said. “What I want to do with my advertising campaign is spread the love. Already now it’s been three seasons that I’ve been using people that express something—they are great artists, or beautiful women, or stylish women, or models that I really believe in. It’s kind of a family portfolio.”
Givenchy’s spring collection features African and Japanese influences. This is the first campaign ot ever use women of color.
“There was a lot of talk this season in fashion [about designers not promoting diversity],” Tisci said. “I was one of the persons who ended up not being touched by this. I discovered Joan Smalls, I discovered Maria [Borges]. I’ve always been supporting them. For me, I grew up in a family and I grew up in a culture, an education, that we are all the same.”
Meanwhile Badu showed off her new nose ring on Twitter. The 42-year old appears to have a large horn in her nose. It looks painful. Check it out below.
More from Rucuss
- Erykah Badu Trades Insults With Woman on Twitter: ‘Calm Your Fake, Righteous A** Down!’ [Details]
- Erykah Badu Tells Azealia Banks To Come See Her After Twitter Beef [Details]
- Erykah Badu Video Bombs Live Newscast, Tries To Kiss Reporter [Video]
- Erykah Badu Interviews Kendrick Lamar, Asks How He Selects His Groupies!
- NYFW: Givenchy’s First New York Show, Spring 2016
- Say What: White Model Poses as a African Queen in Fashion Editorial [Photos]