Eminem Becomes Second Best-Selling Male Artist Of All-Time
Rucuss staffMarch 24, 2014
Eminem surpassed country singer George Strait to become the second best-selling male artist of all time.
The Detroit rapper’s latest album, The Marshall Mathers Lp 2, has sold more than two million copies to lift his total record sales to 44.9 million. That total landed Eminem in the No. 2 spot of sales in the United States, Billboard reports. Strait drops to No. 3 with 44.89 million albums sold throughout his 30 years in the music business, even though his career predates the inception of SoundScan data. County singer Garth Brooks holds the top spot.
Eminem joked on his single Rap God that he “wasn’t as big as he was in 2000,” but that is not true. His Monster Tour with Rihanna was forced to add another date in Los Angeles due to overwhelming demand.
Tickets go on sale at www.livenation.com on Monday.
Photos via Timslive.co.za and MTVhive.com
More from Rucuss
- Eminem and Rihanna Announce ‘The Monster Tour’ [Details]
- Eminem Has Awkward Inteview During Michigan-Notre Dame Game
- Eminem Announces 8th Album on Detroit-Inspired Baseball Cap [Details]
- Say What: Does Drake Want To Battle Eminem?
- Couple Alert: Ariana Grande And Big Sean Spotted Holding Hands [Details]
- Eminem and Rihanna Take ALS Ice Bucket Challenge On Stage