Elton John’s Super Bowl Advice to Madonna: ‘Make Sure You Lip-Sync Good’
Rucuss staffFebruary 1, 2012
Elton John is not a fan of Madonna.
And John doesn’t have a problem admitting he simply detest the Material Girl. So it came as no surprise when he took a jab at Madonna about her Super Bowl performance. When asked if he would ever perform for the halftime show, he offered some advice to the Lucky star singer.
“Make sure you lip-sync good,” John told Good Morning America. He then went on to answer the question. “Of course you have to play live, but I don’t think you can. In all fairness to everyone who’s done it before, I think you may be able to sing live, but it’s really hard to play live.”
So basically, John believes you can sing live but he’s hoping that Madonna doesn’t make the effort. Ouch! John’s latest jab comes on the heels of his negative comments about Madonna winning Best Original Song for ‘Masterpiece’ at the Golden Globe Awards.
Before the event John, who was also nominated for his song ‘Gnomeo and Juliet,’ told a reporter that she had “no f—-in’ chance.” John seemed p—ed off in the crowd when Madonna’s name was read.”
John’s husband David Furnish bashed Madonna on Facebook when she won. He wrote, “Madonna. Best song???? F— off!!! Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit.”
We gues its safe to say that John and Furnish will not be watching the Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday.
More from Rucuss
- David Beckham Assures Fans His Package Is All Natural! [Photos/Video]
- Bruno Mars Scores Most Watched Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Will Madonna Perform the Halftime Show at the Super Bowl?
- Madonna Says Kissing Drake Was Like Kissing a Girl [Details]
- Lady Gaga Sings National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Beyoncé Laughes Off Singing Live at Super Bowl, Releases Rehearsal Video