Elle Varner on Boyfriend Iman Shumpert: ‘I’m Glad I’m Not Hiding It Anymore’
Rucuss staffJune 29, 2013
Singer Elle Varner is finally coming clean about her boyfriend.
The Refill singer is going public with her relationship with New York Knicks player Iman Shumpert. Varner and Shumpert have been swaping photos on social media for quite some time, but never confirmed a relationship until now.
Varner confirmed her relationship with her NBA boyfriend on Instagram while wishing him a happy birthday. She posted, “Happy Birthday to my super amazing, talented, handsome, strong, sexy, intelligent BOYFRIEND! #uthebestbabe!”
Varner also gushed to Hip Hollywood about Shumpert on the red carpet of the ASCAP Awards.
“He’s awesome, we’ve been friends for such a long time,” Varner said. “Of all the guys that I’ve met throughout being in the limelight, he’s the one guy that really stuck it out and built a friendship with me and it meant a lot. We are happy. I’m glad I’m not hiding it anymore. It was a lot of work!”
Varner admitted that she decided to go public after photos of the two surfaced on blogs.
“The funny thing is, we would be out all the time and one day, it just showed up on a blog and it was like ‘Whoa!’ I knew it was going to happen eventually, you just have to live your life. That’s my thing!,” she said.
Watch the interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Couple Alert: Elle Varner and New York Knicks Iman Shumpert [Photos]
- Iman Shumpert Delivers Fiancé Teyanna Taylor’s Baby
- NBA Player J.R. Smith Asks Twitter Groupie ‘If She Wants the Pipe!’ [Details]
- NBA Player Raymond Felton Arrested On Gun Charges [Details]
- New York Knicks Star JR Smith Gives Tips For Dating An Athlete [Details]
- Carmelo Anthony Calls Fan A ‘Glazed Donut Face,’ Sparks Funny Memes