Eddie Murphy Threatens To Sue Comedian Who Claims Murphy is His Daddy
Rucuss staffJanuary 22, 2014
Comedian Eddie Murphy wants the world to know that he does not have a son that is a comedian.
Well, not at the moment. Murphy is accusing Brando Murphy of taking one of his comedy skits too far. According to TMZ, Brando insists Eddie is his father.
The up and coming comedian even changed his last name to Murphy in an attempt to get Murphy’s attention.
Brando has also taken photos where he is wearing similar red leather pants and jacket just as Eddie Murphy wore in his classic 1983 stand up comedy television show ‘Delirious,’ for the promotion of an Eddie Murphy biopic which he was set to star in but, has yet to be released.
Now Murphy’s lawyers are threatening to file a lawsuit and possible restraining order) against Brando.
Eddie’s lawyer fired off several threatening letters to BRANDO MURPHY, claiming the comedian has all but advertised on a sandwich board that he’s Eddie’s offspring. In one letter — obtained by TMZ — Eddie’s lawyer, legal pit bull Marty Singer, threatens to sue him for millions if he doesn’t back off.
According to the letters, these are some of the things Brando has done:
– Changed his last name to Murphy
– Performing with Richard Pryor’s son, Mason, in the “Sons of Comedy”
– Showing up at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Eddie frequents and
screaming, “My father won’t talk to me!”
Brando is not backing down, sending his own threatening letter to Eddie, insisting he’s never presented himself as Eddie’s son and calling Eddie’s accusations “vile, base, contemptible, miserable, wretched and loathsome.”
Brando says he’ll sue Eddie for defamation if he continues what he calls a campaign of intimidation.
Check out some of Brando’s comedy below.
Photos via Euroweb.com and Thunderhousemedia.com
More from Rucuss
- Another Transsexual Claims To Have Had A Relationship With Eddie Murphy [Details]
- Eddie Murphy’s Daughters Posed In Lingerie in Mom And Michael Strahan’s Bedroom
- Kim Kardashian Hires Lawyer to Put A End to Rumors
- Pharrell Williams Gets Clowned For Wearing Large Hat to Grammys [Photos]
- T.I. Lands Role on Showtime’s ‘House of Lies’ [Details]
- Chelsea Handler Makes Fun Of Steve Harvey’s Leaked Memo [Details]