Easy E, Ol’ Dirty Bastard Resurrected At Rock The Bells Festival [Video]
Rucuss staffSeptember 9, 2013
Two rappers appeared from beyond the grave at the 10th Annual Rock the Bells festival.
Holograms of Ol’ Dirty Bastard and Eazy-E appeared alongside sets from Kid Cudi, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar during the two-day concert at San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernardino, Calf. Easy E made his digital debut during Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s set on Saturday while ODB debuted on Sunday.
“With Eazy-E, I actually worked with all of his kids,” he revealed. “One of his kids helped with the voice of Eazy-E talking to the crowd, one of his kids did his actual body movements and one of his kids did his facial movements.”
Easy, who was dressed in Dickies and his Compton hat, performed “Straight Outta Compton” and “Boyz in Da Hood” before being joined by Bone Thugs for “Foe Tha Love of $.”
On Sunday, a hologram of ODB performed with his son Young Dirty Bastard and reunited with his fellow Wu-Tang Clan members to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Wu-Tang’s debut, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).
“With Eazy-E, I actually worked with all of his kids,” Chris “Broadway” Romero, the creator of the holograms, told MTV. “One of his kids helped with the voice of Eazy-E talking to the crowd, one of his kids did his actual body movements and one of his kids did his facial movements.”
The holograms became popular after Tupac was resurected for Coachella last year.
Watch both rappers rise again.
More from Rucuss
- Snoop Dogg Resurrects Tupac Via Hologram, Both Perform Live at Coachella! [Video]
- Kid Cudi Wears Crop Top At Coachella, Gets Clowned For It [Details]
- Tupac Look-Alike Steals Show At Boston Celtics Game [Video]
- Kendrick Lamar Says He’s Trying To Murder J. Cole, Drake, Big Sean & Wale, Rappers React [Details]
- Afeni Shakur Reacts To Tupac’s Hologram Performance at Coachella, Says It Was Dr. Dre’s Vision [Details]
- Kid Cudi Faints During Chicago Concert [Video]