Dying Zoo Worker With Cancer Gets Goodbye Kiss From Giraffe
Rucuss staffMarch 22, 2014
A terminally ill zoo worker got a goodbye kiss from a giraffe.
Mario, who is a 54-year-old mentally handicapped man, is suffering from terminal cancer and asked to be wheeled into a giraffe’s habitat so he could say his final goodbye to the animals. After he was brought to the zoo on a stretcher by the Dutch Ambulance Wish Foundation, one of the giraffes reached down and nuzzled Mario for a goodbye kiss.
“These animals recognized him, and felt that (things aren’t) going well with him,” Kees Veldboer, the founder of the Ambulance Wish Foundation, said via Time magazine.
Mario had worked as a cleaner at the Rotterdam Zoo in the Netherlands for the last 25 years.
Photos via ABCnews.com
More from Rucuss
- The Best Photobombs of 2012 [Photos]
- Justin Bieber Says He’s ‘Done Taking Pictures’ With Fans!
- Kelly Rowland to Publish First Book ‘Whoa, Baby!’ [Details]
- Erykah Badu Video Bombs Live Newscast, Tries To Kiss Reporter [Video]
- Dutch Magazine Calls Rihanna a Racial Slur, RiRi Goes Off!
- Christina Milian Celebrates Daughter’s 4th Birthday With Family & Friends [Photos]