Dwyane Wade’s Stylist Says Russell Westbrook Needs To Pay Homage To Wade [Photos]
Rucuss staffSeptember 13, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder star Russell Westbrook has a reputation in the NBA as one of the craziest dressers.
Westbrook loves his flamboyant shirts, skinny jeans and goofy glasses. But somehow his fashion self-expression has gained him some buzz in the fashion industry.
Right now, Westbrook has been a staple at New York Fashion Week shows. He’s sat next to Vogue editor-and-chief Anna Wintour at numerous shows, and The New York Post has even credited him as the athlete that is ‘changing the fashion landscape in the NBA.’
But Dwyane Wade’s stylist Calyann Barnett begs to differ. She claims that crown should go to D-Wade. And she may have a point. Once Wade dropped the white t-shirts and baggy jeans a few years ago, he’s pushed the envelope with his fashion.
Barnett, who also styles Rajon Rondo and Josh Smith, even alluded to the fact that Westbrook has copied Wade’s style. She posted the photo of evidence below on Instagram Thursday with the caption: “PSA: Newbies please remember who paved the way for fashion in basketball… @dwyanewade #Diditfirst #GetOutOfOurGoodwillBag.
Barnett has styled Wade for at least five years. She landed the job after she convinced him that he needed a stylist and not just someone that makes his suits.
Check out some of Westbrook’s looks from fashion week below.
In an interview with The New York Times, Westbrook explains his fashion sense, where he got it, and how he tries to push the discipline forward.
Photos via Thisis50.com and Style.mtv.com
More from Rucuss
- NBA Fashion: Paul George Wears Lime Green Paisley Shirt to Game [Photos]
- NBA Fashion: Kevin Durant Wear Pajamas To Game [Photo]
- NBA Fashion: Dwyane Wade Wears Polka Dot Suit With Capri Pants! [Photos]
- NBA Fashion: Dwyane Wade Wears Skinny Jeans and Carries Red Man Purse [Photos]
- NBA Fashion: Dwight Howard Wears Turquoise Plaid Jacket to Game [Photo]
- Karl Malone Still Has a Flip Phone, Not Interested In Upgrading [Video]