Dwyane Wade’s Ex-Wife Wins Court Battle, Doesn’t Have To Undergo Mental Evaluation [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 23, 2013
Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches have been at odds over the custody of their two boys for years.
Although their divorce has been final for three years, there nasty custody battle carries on. Gossip Extra reports an appeals court in Miami ruled against Wade in his attempt to have Funches mentally evaluated and her time with their children reduced.
The court found that Funches’ videotaped protest against a court system in Chicago over the summer didn’t provide a sufficient reason to have her see a psychiatrist. Wade’s lawyers used the protest to allege that Funches is mentally unstable and a danger to others to support their attempt to limit her interaction with her sons.
The appeals court also ordered the judge on the case, Antonio Marin, removed for his siding with Wade and denying Funches “the most basic right of due process.”
“We’re getting a new judge and the order that Siohvaughn undergo a psychological evaluation is no more,” Lisa Macci said. “Justice prevailed. I’m just happy the appeals court was not swayed by (Wade’s) celebrity status as law should not be.”
If you missed Funches protest, watch it below.
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Dwyane Wade Fathers New Baby Boy!
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Are Engaged [Photos]
- Dwyane Wade And Gabrielle Union Ready to Wed, Sends Out Invites [Details]
- Dwyane Wade Demands Psychological Evaluation For Ex-Wife, Denies Visitation of Sons! [Details]
- Siohvaughn Funches Says Dwyane Wade Owes Her Money, Sits on Chicago Streets to Protest [Photo/Video]
- Dwyane Wade’s Ex-Wife Wants Divorce Settlement Reopened After New Deal